- Application for a permit;
- 2 photos, 3,5х4,5 cm;
- International passport with 2 blank pages and valid yet for 11 months or more;
- Medical insurance received from an Austrian insurance company with 60,000 euros of coverage;
- Invitation from the educational institution;
- certificate of criminal record;
- Documents confirming accommodation in Austria;
- Bank certificate confirming the solvency of a citizen and indicating the possibility to use these funds in Austria;
- Document providing the justification for the income mentioned in the certificate;
- Not bound copies of all paperwork
Also keep in mind that if a child is under 14 years of age, he should go to school with one of the guardians. If a future student is between 14 and 18 years of age, 3 additional certificates should be attached:
- Notarized permission to travel and study abroad from guardians.
- Certificate of parents' marriage or divorce.
- Birth certificate of the entrant.
All the aforementioned documents shall be notarized, copied, and translated into the required language by a certified translator or notary and then notarized again. After all the proceedings, it is left to send the document package to the Austrian Consulate and wait for confirmation.
The invitation is sent by scan to the e-mail, it is valid way of submitting it.
The documents are received by people between 16 and 35 years of age and older who are enrolled in public and private institutions of higher education. Universities rarely have age requirements, rather the competent authorities in Vienna do: for example, if you are over 30 years old, you need a convincing motivation letter. A minimum of A1 proficiency in German is required for admission to any Austrian university.
You can also take German language courses in Austria.
A long-term student visa to Austria is issued for three to six months and must be exchanged for a temporary residence permit at the competent authority in Austria within 4 months.