It is not possible for a Russians to acquire citizenship in Montenegro by purchasing real estate. You should know about it when looking for a nice bungalow at the seashore. However, the owner of real estate has the right for a different legal status – Residence Permit. It will give a good many of benefits to you:
- the possibility to freely move around the country, as well as cross the borders in both directions;
- the right to stay within the country during any period of time;
- unlimited extension of the Residence Permit validity period;
- distribution of the status to other members of the family;
- application for free medical aid;
- the right to make use of preferences.
Five years later a non-resident can apply for Residence Permit and then file documents to acquire citizenship the same time period later. Foreigners that follow this procedure normally do not get refusals. Since the basic and crucial condition for the application to be approved is still the ownership of real estate.
If citizenship in Montenegro by purchasing real estate seems to be too long-lasting and time consuming, you can try to become resident by investments. In this case, the issue can be resolved within a short period of time. A new passport will give you a list of advantages:
- you will acquire all the privileges of a citizen;
- you will get the possibility to conduct business and operate within the country;
- you will get freedom of movement within the countries of the Schengen zone;
- beneficial tax system;
- social and political safety;
- living in good environment.
This country seems to be attractive for many foreigners due to its location and prospects of tourism development and growth.